1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3300 problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dood, Apr 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have a denon AVR 3300. It has a fault whereby sound to all channels cuts off intermittently. When it works it's fine. Isent it abroad to the denon agents who said that there was a dry joint on the digital board which they sorted out. However the problems persist. To send it back will cost more and I'm not sure if I should spend more and risk not getting sorted. Does anyone have any experience with this?

A friend of mine is keen to upgrade his 2802 for a 3805. If he does I could buy his 2802. This has lower output than the 3300 but is 6.1 instead of 5.1 and has prologic 2. Is it advisable to buy it or is there a risk that after a while it may also go the way of the 3300?

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Have you tried resetting the 3300? I think you press on the front panel the two buttons closest to the headphone socket. Go right fromt the headphone socket and you have 5 buttons for input. The two of these closest to the headphones are the ones. Hold these and turn on.

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Did a reset but unfortunately in the process of re-doing all the settings the problem recurred. In addition, I cannot do a test tone any more as there is no sound, even when there is sound on normal playback.