Denon 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John-D, Nov 16, 2004.

1. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Was thinking about getting the new Denon 2910 DVD player this week. Everything else i have is Denon i.e. Amp and mini-disc player. Its replacing my old Sony 525 player. I've had 7 years, so i think it's time for an update.

Can anyone tell me if its worth getting, or is there any other DVD player at the same price, better?

Cheers!
    John

2. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    I've had one for about a month and so far very pleased with it :thumbsup:
    My only niggles with it is that it is surprisingly slow to load and recognise discs and is also unforgiving of marked ones. It also runs very hot so I would recommend you allow plenty of air around it.

3. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Russ!

Saw a deal at Creative Audio with a 2 year warranty for £525 (multi-region). Anybody bought from them before?

John

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I think you'll be very pleased with the Denon after using your Sony for so long. I went from a Sony 325 to a Denon 2900 last year and the difference was incredible! Now moved up to an Arcam FMJ so my 2900's for sale in the buy/sell forum if you're interested!

5. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Timmy,

Already ordered it before i saw your post.

Big thanks to the guys at Creative Audio for their friendly service. A+

John

6. usman24

usman24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I purchased a denon 2910 5 weeks ago and retured it to denon after 2 weeks. Picture was better on my tosh 240e worth £70. mpeg/blocking pixels jumping around all over the place on backgrounds. Flickering on reds and some other colours. solid black mass where there should be a dark blue night sky. dvi out had a green tint to most things I played.
    Denon claimed they tested it and have had the player now for 3 and half weeks [crap service]. They say, there is nothing wrong with the player and are returning it to me tommorrow. i will probably end up advertising it on this forum soon.

Hope this helps!

7. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had none of the probs you have stated. Ive give a total test of over 10 hours using everything apart from SACD and DVD-A. Yep, will agree it gets a little hot, but not that much.

What can i say about it. Its a stunner, very pleased with it. Blacks are on the ball, colours just perfect, no bleed whatsoever. And the sound blew me away. DTS has so much more low-end than my old Sony player. CD music is also very good. And how nice to chuck on all my MP3's without converting them to PCM. Compliments my Denon THX amp very well. :thumbsup:

One happy geezer! :D