denon 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by usman24, Oct 22, 2004.

1. usman24

usman24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Bought a denon 2910 10 days ago. I am not impressed. Build quality was good, sound for movies was excellent but the main reason I got a 2910 was for the picture quality. Loads of mpeg blocking in dark scenes and not great picture overall. turn off progressive scan via the faroudja fli2310 and the picture actually improved with less noise and better colours.
    I also tested it through dvi output to Hitachi 42pd5200 and it was an inferior picture to the component video outputs. Plenty of grain and artifacts to be seen on most discs I played. Also a tint of green across the screen. My toshiba 240e has a better picture but not so great sound.

I am returning the unit for testing and hopefully get a full refund.
    next in line [fingers crossed on refund] Pioneer 868 avi.

Anyone else own a denon 2910 or 868 avi?

2. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Wow, that's pretty sucky. I was hoping to get the Denon 2910 and hook it up to my new Panasonic Plasma via DVI input. What i've read, is that using DVI does show up the poor quality discs alot more. Maybe this is why?

I'm hoping to get 720p and 1080i through DVI, so i'm pretty certain i'll be using DVI and not component. Just hope it's not the same for everyone.

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Same here, only ill get the 3910. However I beleive the 2910 and 3910 both share the same video board so there wont be much difference quality wise.

Ill also be using DVi to my 42" Fujitsu Plasam.
    Set at either 720P or 1080i.

I also bought a copy of T2 Extreme edition which was made using a High Definition Source so the picture quality should be the best there is DVD wise.

I will also be using inferior older DVDs to see how they compare.

As Scotty said, the probelm could be down to the disks themselves and not the Players.