denon 2910 with horizontal 'smears'

fourtears

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently shelled out for a new denon dvd-2910 and have been experiencing some picture problems. Bright white patches in the picture are faintly smeared to both the left and right sides of the picture. This problem is quite noticable on a lot of discs. I am hoping it is a simple setting that needs changing on the 2910, brightness, gamma correction etc. rather than a fault. Can anyone tell me what to change please?

The screen is a CRT back-projector Sony KP-44PX3U. There are no such problems with another (much cheaper) samsung dvd player.

Are you using RGB Scart by any chance?

Yes I am. It is one of those flat QED scart cables and the output is set to RGB. TV has no digital or progressive scan.

Sorry dude, like many of us poor souls with Denon dvdp's and Sony tv's, you too seem to be afflicted with the dreaded RGB smear/flicker/green tint bug.

You'll find dozens of threads about it if you type in "Denon RGB Sony" (or something similar) into the forum search engine.

Not much you can do about it, apart from use inferior S-video instead. Or buy a different tv/dvdp :(

Adjusting contrast & gamma settings probably won't solve the problem.

i was resigned to this problem until my flat mate told me it was there before i bought the denon. it now seems to be getting worse and is there if i use an svideo source as well. I guess this is a screen fault then and not the rgb bug. Anyone know if this could be fixed by an engineer?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom