1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2910 with CD's

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by OldSkoO1, Sep 3, 2005.

1. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi guys

I'm looking at the Denon 2910 hooked up to a Denon 2805 reciever. Does anyone know what the CD performance is like on this DVD deck? I am ideally looking for excellent cd performance aswell.

Does the Denon deliver this for CD's or am i better off contecting something like a NAD / CA Azur deck to the reciever instead?

Thanks in advance!

2. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    Run the 2805 in [1] Pure Direct mode if you have 2 full range fronts and don't want the sub or [2] Direct mode to use the fronts & sub - you won't be disappointed.
    Connect the 2910 L&R outputs to the 2805 CD L&R inputs for true 2ch stereo.

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Aparently the new Denon decks are poor with CD replay. I am sure there was a thread on this not so long ago. I'll see if I can find it.
    Personally, if I wanted good CD performance, I'd get a CD player.

Russell

4. fabfour

fabfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I use a 3910 as my main CD player, though it was terrible out of the box, if you give it a few weeks to run in it sound great. I had intended to get a DAC to use with it but I don't know if I'll bother now.

5. RSD123

RSD123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 2910 hooked up to my Denon 3805 and the cd playback sounds great. I agree with Fabfour but you also should tweak it (and your amp/reciever) to your personal specifications. Having a universal player is a much better idea than having two components that both play cd's.