1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2910 vs Marantz CD5400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by higenbs1, Apr 5, 2005.

1. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Am about to purchase a Denon 2910 DVD player. I'm wondering whether to also purchase a Marantz CD5400 for music replay. Has anyone any experience of how the two compare when it comes to spinning CD's? (My stereo amp is a Marantz PM7200, and I'm looking at the CD5400 because it matches)

Thanks

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I'd be surprised if there was any difference. However a similar priced marantz (c. £500) dvd player wouldn't far of the video performance of the denon but would very likely be superior for music.

3. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    IMHO, the Denon would perform at a level equal to the Marantz.

4. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only sure way to tell is to audition them. If you want an all in one and AUDIO is more important than VIDEO, then consider the Marantz DV6500 as I think it is closer to the 3910 in audio. If VIDEO is equally or more important, the Denon is the better bet.

5. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Cheers for your help. Will probably audition each one now - just wanted to know if it was worth it, or one was clearly much better than the other.