Denon 2910 to Tosh 46WM

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by costellj, Feb 14, 2005.

1. costellj

costellj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Could anyone give me an idea as to why I'm getting a better picture on component rather than HDMI from my Denon 2910. The HDMI is slightly grainy were the component is a lot clearer.

New to this so here is a few questions:

Which HDMI setting should I be using?

Should I be using progressive scan with HDMI?

Why do I only get letter box format with HDMI and I cannot change the picture settings from the TV. This results in black bars top and bottom?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

2. Vandal

Vandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    This is exactly what I found on the exact same setup as you.

I got rid of my HDMI cable and have as yet not picked up another so I can't verify this with my own eyes... but the issue I believe is to do with the HDMI setting of RGB or YCR (or whatever it's called - there are two options).
    I had this set to RGB and from opinion on here it seems that the other setting is better.

Give it a try and see what you think. I am going to get another HDMI cable and try it when I get chance.

V.

3. costellj

costellj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried it on both settings but there seemed to be no difference. I bought 2 new cables, component and HDMI, both of which are QED so they are reasonable cables. I'm sure I've read as well that HDMI is not so fussy around overall cable quality or the length of run. Got to say since I specifically bought the kit for HDMI I'm a bit dissapointed. I thought the HDMI would shine after all I've heard

Let me know how you get on with the new cable

Cheers