DENON 2910 Power Problem "Fuse keeps blowing"

pancho

Standard Member
Denon 2910 that I had for 4 years - stopped working - with no display of anykind. It was obvious that power was not reaching the console. Opened the cover (as it was out of warranty and could cost me a fortune to run to the dealer!) - there is a "T1.6AL/250V" fuse on the board next to where power cord entering the circuit board - which was blown. Repalced it with a similar fuse - and turned the power on -"boom" - the fuse is blown again!.

It is obvious that the fuse has protected my $ 780/- precious player - but what else could be the problem ? is this user repairable ? there is a thick "white" ring - through which the power lead loops through - before it runs along and enters the circuit board. Something should be faulty with that "ring" - which persumambly "cleans" the current - what is it ? any idea as to it's make/ model number ? should I try and replace it ? It looks like a simple soldering job ....HELP!!

Attachments

• Powerlead.jpg
    Powerlead.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • White Ring 1.jpg
    White Ring 1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,217

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
That looks like a filter to stop any interference and as you say clean things up. There won't be anything wrong with it.
It's going to have to go in for repair, as it sounds like something is short circuiting.
Don't be tempted to replace the fuse with a bigger one as you'll only cause more damage.

pancho

Standard Member
Thanks a lot - you were totally right - had to take it to the repair shop - the main "power board" had to be replaced - luckily they had it and did it at a very reasonable charge. The cause - "electric arc" probably caused while plugging in / out of another appliance (Wii) by my son on the main power extension board, while the Denon was still plugged in - causing erratic power surge!!....lesson to be learned - the hardway :)

Badger - thanks mate !!

That looks like a filter to stop any interference and as you say clean things up. There won't be anything wrong with it.
It's going to have to go in for repair, as it sounds like something is short circuiting.
Don't be tempted to replace the fuse with a bigger one as you'll only cause more damage.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom