1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON 2910 "pause" problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 192168, Nov 19, 2004.

1. 192168

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got a Denon 2910 and have noticed an occasional "pause" problem when playing back DVD-A and DVD-V. The problem is best described as a momentary pause or gap in the playback. It only lasts for a very brief time, but it is very noticable and very irritating. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

2. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine yesterday, and have given it a good workout. only pause ive noticed that is very slight, is the side change.

John

3. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this problem with my Denon 2900, and its gone back to the dealer for a check after putting up with it for about 9 months!

Niraj

4. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That slight pause was on Star Wars AotC. Ive tried other disc's, and there is no pause.

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Are you talking about a layer change in a disc? If so then this is normal. Denon probaly suffer less from layer change than any other make.

With audio dvd discs blame the encoders for sticking the layer change in a bad place.
    but there isnt a dvdplayer that dosent do this(except for pcs which dont have a layer change pause.)

6. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,104
    Don't Denon have buffers to prevent seeing the layer change? I have never seen one on my 2900.

7. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    yes they do,but some discs will still put up a pause(very slight one) but it is very rare with denon 8MB buffers

8. andy_pandy

andy_pandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 2900 went back too and I go a full refund from Denon. It isn't a disk layer change and Denon are fully aware of it.

9. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Andy, I agree. There are distinct audio drop outs that occur every 20 minutes or so, and while they are only about 0.5secs in duration, they are very noticeable and most irritating.

The player is back at the dealers, and they have been very good with communication and have said that there appears to be a fualt of some description with the DSP board and that they will keep me updated.

Seeing as its now about 10 months since I got the player, I don't know if Denon will refund me or what will happen. If they repair it and send it back, I don't know if I will ever have the confidence in the player ever again.

The other issue that I have is that there are a lot of discs that the 2900 will refuse to play, though cheaper players (costing £75) play with no hesitation. Not sure what will be the outcome of that........

And thanks for the PM Andy :smashin:

Niraj