Denon 2910 or 3910?

benson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Being fairly new to home cinema, I wouldnt like to rush in and make a big mistake on my next purchase without getting an informed opinion.

My current set up consists of
Fujimara 42" plasma (best I could afford at the time)
Series 1 Sky+ Box
Pioneer 510 DVD HD Recorder
Denon 3805
Kef 2005.2 (5.1)

My problems are

1 Im sure I could be getting better stereo sound than I am (through DVD player receiver)
2 The wife wants to do away with the current hifi (Denon F101) to tidy things up

Obviously having rushed into things in the past and a hankering to replace the Plasma in the future your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums :hiya:

With the 3805 I would say go with the 3910 to use Denon Link. However, be advised that it does not yet support SACD over Denon Link. Video performance wise the 2910 and 3910 are supposedly identical.

I have the 3910 and love it.

I use a 2900 which in my opinion is closer to a 3910 than a 2910 and I'm very pleased with it. Picture wise there is very little to choose between the 2910 and 3910, but if you take a look at the build quality then I think the 3910 is a much nicer deck. As far as audio is concerned, you're unlikely to discern the difference through the Kef's (though there is definitely a difference).
I think I'd agree with Messiah, the 3910 is a battleship of a deck, that'll do a bang up job when you upgrade your plasma and (inevitably) your speakers.

Thanks for the help guys, looks like I better start saving.

£799 multi region inc del.

Mine goes up for sale soon to accomadate the new A1xv so keep an eye on the classifieds for a bargain 3910

Also there are differences between the 3910s and 2910s video section, mostly in regard to how they handle macroblocking and a few other small improvements

gandley said:
£799 multi region inc del.

Mine goes up for sale soon to accomadate the new A1xv so keep an eye on the classifieds for a bargain 3910

You're actually going for the Denon A1XV. I've heard great things about this player, output in 1080p :eek:

Do you know when it is released gandley?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom