1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2910 Multiregion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NickHack, May 9, 2005.

1. NickHack

NickHack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy a decent DVD player. I'd love to stretch to the 3910 but I think I have got to try and be reasonable!!

Anyway I've seen it MR for £470.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3316&item=5772908026&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Just wondered if anyone knows whether buying imported version would be problematic? I've seen it for a similar price at unbeatable. What kind of price is it if I was going to buy one from them and then have it made MR?

Also I've read on the forums about firmware updates that can make it multiregion. Can anyone confirm these work?

Thanks in advance

PS: Feel free to suggest alternatives at around the £500 mark!!

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Some good deals on arcam players about at the moment.I am going to demo a dv78 today[£470 ex demo].

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i don't think you'll find many arcam dv78 for that price....thats a realy good deal! the 2910 can be made MR with a software update but not sure where you get the cd from.

4. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    The multiregion firmware upgrade is available as a download on this forum, I believe this also makes a non MR unit multiregion. If not, I have the disk which I could copy and forward to you.

5. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    NickHack - at £470, I really wouldnt bother with importing - its more hassle than what its worth for a £30 saving.

I would recommend you buy it from www.petertyson.co.uk - I just got one last week from them for £499 delivered, brand new multiregion, will save you any worry!