Denon 2910 Multi-Region Firmware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DangerMouse!, Dec 16, 2004.

1. DangerMouse!

DangerMouse!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Picked up my Denon 2910 this morning from a company called AudioT who promised to sell it to me multi-region only to be told that they don't have the Multi-Region Firmware disk yet! As you can imagine I am pretty :censored: off! :mad:

Anyone know where I can download this and what I need to do with it?

I knew I should have bought it from CreativeAudio who have been fantastic in the past but due to the horror stories I have read about Denon's I thought I better get it locally in case I have any problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thks,
    DM

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    If the experience other's have had with the Denon decks is anything to go by then your best bet (if nobody here comes up trumps) would be to wait until Audio T get one in. Most dealers are happy to multi-region decks that are bought from them free of charge, but often want to charge on decks bought from elsewhere. Denon UK are very clear about the fact that they don't deal with multi-regioning decks, and don't like to talk about it.

Someone here may have one, but if you get a copy and it sc***s your deck up, then you're likely to get very little sympathy from AudioT and Denon. My advice, get Audio T to badger their rep and play the waiting game. :boring:

Tony

3. awhb

awhb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or, seeing as its very new, you might as well return it to AudioT and buy from Creative Audio.

You wanted a Multi Region player, they said it was, turns out it wasn't and they can't MR it for you straight away.......product not doing what it was supposed to do, full refund please.

Creative are A1 when it comes to Customer Service, so don't let the distance put you off.

Niraj

5. DangerMouse!

DangerMouse!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    awhb,
    Thanks for that! worked a treat! :clap:

6. jrosado

jrosado
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi:

Please tell us if you start to have any kind of problems, by updating the firmware to multiregion. The problems may not rise for now, but may start to happen after a time. Denons are a bit peculiar when converted to multiregion.

Regards,

J. Rosado

7. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine from creative audio. First time i have bought from them, and deffo not the last. I like the 2 year warranty that you get with their items.

Top company! :thumbsup: