1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2910. HDMI Picture problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by charles, Mar 5, 2005.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    I have the above DVD player connected to my HDS50 Sony projector . Sometimes the picture will give a blank screen for a few seconds (the sound continues).Last night I was watching True Lies and it happened twice in the last half hour of the DVD. Have changed over the cable without any benefits.Component video output is fine.
    Has anyone any ideas as to what may be causing this? I think it unlikely that the projector is at fault.
    Charles

2. P&J

P&J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had the same problem when first outputting via HDMI at 1080i. Re-read the manual (ouch!) and it says that when using 1080i for HDMI with a PAL DVD the 2910 must be set to NTSC. Seems odd but I've had no problems since switching the setting from 'Auto' to NTSC :clap: .

3. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Thanks for your reply.Sorry for delay in replying.Are you using a HD50 projector?
    Denon are having my 2910 back to correct the problem.They think it is someting ammiss with the firmware.We shall see.
    Charles

4. P&J

P&J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We've got the Tosh dlp rear pro 52wm48, HDMI from the 2910. Also amp is Denon 2805, with Cabasse Xo2 speakers and Sky+ completes the line-up. Not yet tried linking my new notebook via VGA to the Tosh, got to get a cable.