Denon 2910. HDMI or RGB Scart?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Crabman32, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Crabman32

Crabman32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    If anyone out there has a Denon 2910 could you give me some advice please. I have it hooked up to my Samsung Q750 plasma via HDMI. However, I'm not sure what the optimum setting is on the DVD player. Is it 720p or 1080i, RGB or component HDMI when upscaling? Also, before I go and buy a decent scart, would the picture be better via RGB scart? Before I bought the plasma I read a lot about HDMI and thought this would be the best way to connect but now I am not so sure. I spent £80 on the Chord Silver HDMI cable and now think I might have chosen the wrong connection. :lease:

2. WGLOVER

WGLOVER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Don't quite understand you problem.

Connecting with tour HD lead and using 720p or 1080i should give the best results. The Scart is the worst option.

3. pgrundl

pgrundl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm also using a Denon 2910 on an LCD tv through HDMI.

Component and 1080i gives me the best results. I didn't when I plugged the player in initially, but after performing a factory reset on the player (see your 2910 manual), it works like a charm. I strongly recommend using something like the THX optimizer (found on "finding nemo - collectors edition" amongst others) to setup the TV. The default setup on my TV (which worked perfectly on my Denon 1920) were pretty way off on the 2910, but after going through all the Video tests and adjusting accordingly, I have absolutely no complaints.