Denon 2910 DVI out to Philips 9986 LCD Sceen

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by tobytronic, Oct 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. tobytronic

tobytronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just setup the 9986 and tested my arcam DV88 thru the RGb scart and it looked very good but I got the set to use the DVI input from a more modern DVD Player (its probably going to be a denon) so........

I have read about the cable converter issues but that hopefully shouldn't be involved in this question which is..

Has anyone tried a DVD player with a DVI output going into the DVI input on the Philips 9986 screen??

or

Has anyone any information that can confirm this doesn't work??

Finally, if it does work who fancies a sencond hand Arcam DV88 :smashin:

Wayne

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    It should work, however I would recommend trying the exact combination first to make sure that it will would as you would like - ie can the combination support the resolutions and refresh rates that you find optimal and is the picture framed as you desire. When checking, try both a PAL and NTSC disc and make sure that it is not a copy protected disc otherwise you will not be testing HDCP compliance.

-Ian

3. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I posted some very rough and ready feedback on 9986 with Yamakawa 365 via DVI last week.

EffTee

4. AgreedEagle

AgreedEagle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Did you ever get that Denon 2910 connected to the 9986?
    I've recently seen a few 2910's going for a good price and i'm tempted to get one. I would be connecting via DVI direct and would like to know if this is a good combination, also is the upscale to 1080i a good full screen picture?

Many thanks.

5. tobytronic

tobytronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, it worked fine. Got rid of the set for £500 quid recently and bought a panny 42px60. To be honest for home use there is only the size difference that separates them as they are both excellent items. The dvd player provides both with a great signal (now using hdmi with the panny). I work full time in imaging so i'm very picky at work about quality but here at home the 2910/9986 is great, no worries at all and secondhand the denon should be a top buy.

go grab a bargain

6. AgreedEagle

AgreedEagle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.