1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2910 and also, Denon Link

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Scotty Boy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey folks.

I'm pretty certain i'm going to go for the Denon 2910 to go with my Yamaha 1400 RVX. Eventually i'll replace that with the denon 3805.

My question to you, is is this denon a suitable upgrade? It's about my budget, and I should be able to get it for £500.

I noticed on the model up, which is out of my price range. It has a Denon link, which the 3805 also has. What exactly is this? Does the 2910 dvd player have it too?

Thanks.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Denon Link is a digital connection (proprietary to Denon but similar to i-link with higher band width).

It's main use over & above co-ax & optical digital connections is to pass say multi channel DVD-A audio signals (which are copy protected & can only otherwise be decoded in the DVD player & passed thru 6 analogue connections to the amp) for decoding by a suitably equipped amp. In it's current version Denon link hasn't been certified yet for SACD but it apparently should be in due course.

As for features of upcoming models I'm not sure I'm afraid.

3. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    So basically, it's nothing i'll really need for just listening to Music and watching DVDs? Just regular DVDs, and regular CDs?

I don't think the 2910 even has it, just the 3910.
    Cheers dude.

Scott