Denon 2910 All Hacks Etc Greatly Appreciated!!!

C

crank

:hiya: JUST WAITING FOR MY DENON-2910 TO BE DELIVERED TO PARTNER MY PANNY 42PV500 VIA HDMI. SO IF ANYONE COULD POST ME ANY HACKS ETC WHICH WOULD BE OF ANY BENEFIT THS WOULD BE GRRRREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!.... :lease:

No built in hacks for any Denon model, if you have only just ordered it, why didn`t you buy it multiregion? Almost all authorised Denon dealers offer them multiregion!

I have a Denon 2910 DVD and tried the remote hack to deregionalize the DVD. Followed the instructions but nothing happened. DVD still shows Region_1 code. Has anyone had experience deregionalizing the DVD 2910 region 1 player?

thanks

hanwillem said:
I have a Denon 2910 DVD and tried the remote hack to deregionalize the DVD. Followed the instructions but nothing happened. DVD still shows Region_1 code. Has anyone had experience deregionalizing the DVD 2910 region 1 player?

thanks

Thats because:

1. You need to mod the firmware

2. US models are NTSC only, even if the hack worked, its still only able to read a NTSC disc. To play pal discs (once modded) your player has to be PAL AND NTSC compatible, i.e. like a Region 2, Region 4, or Region 3 model is originally.

Crank,

I have the same setup as you. Just use a remote hack and there is no need for a firmware update. You can repeat the steps to get back the original setting. I grabbed this from a guy on some forum and it works beautifully. I have no expertise, so using the CD firmware upgrade would not work for me.

To make the Denon DVD-2910, 3910 and A1XV play DVDs from all regions:

1. Ensure there is no disc in the player.
2. Power off using the front panel On/Off button (not standby).
3. Press and hold Open/Close, Play and Skip Reverse (I<<).
4. Keep the above buttons held and Power-up the player using the On/Off button, holding the above buttons until the player's name disappears from the front panel.
5. Wait until the player finishes LOADING and the front panel of the player shows 0:00:00.
6. On the remote handset, press in sequence; 7 3 1 9 4 6 2 8
7. The unit should enter standby mode. On the front panel of the player, press the Standby button to turn the player back on.
8. To confirm the update, press on the front panel Stop and Skip Forward (>>I). The front panel should briefly display “Region_A2”. If not, then repeat the process 1-7 above.

This hack needs no firmware upgrade.

NOTE: I tried to play a region 4 DVD and had no picture on my panasonic. After researching, I discovered that you simply press stop, and then hit the NTSC/PAL button on your remote. It has something to do with it being a PAL DVD.

I have a US model 2910. You CAN play PAL discs. After using the remote region hack, play the disc. When it starts, press STOP. Then, on your remote, press PAL/NTSC and you'll get a picture.

I know this is an old thread but I just purchased my first PAL DVD and I'm trying to convert my region 1 2910 to all region. I've followed the steps listed and after I enter the numbers I get nothing. When I check the region afterwards it still says region 1. Any ideas? I went to the Denon site, entered my serial # and checked for updates. It said there were none.
Getting a bit frustrated now....help!!!

Thanks,
Jeff

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom