1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2910 3805 Panasonic AE700 config advice needed.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by simeyfour, Apr 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. simeyfour

simeyfour
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I'm looking for a bit of advise on set-up before I make a mess of my lounge running cables in the walls. :lease:

I have the following.

Denon 2910
    Denon 3805
    Panasonic AE700
    Sky +
    JVC 32" LCD
    MK K series speakers
    REL Stampede.

My idea is as follows.

TV will be used mainly to watch everyday tv, but, need to have DVD available so the Mrs can work it. (she wont touch the amp)

Therefore to make it easy for the mrs. I was thinking sky and DVD via scart to TV.

Then DVD via HDMI to projector. SKY SVHS into 3805. Component out to projector. However going to get expensive as cable runs are 15m plus.

So questions are

1) which is better. Sky RGB scart to projector or SVHS converted to component via amp?

2) Is HDMI that much better than component or should i just use component from DVD into amp and component out to projector and forget HDMI cable?

Any other advise that anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Si :thumbsup:

2. UlrikR

UlrikR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the Denon dvd 3910 connected to my Panasonic 700 via HDMI - running in 1080i - tons better than via component - you should definately go with the hdmi between dvd and projector. If you are running 15m, then be sure to get a high quality hdmi cable - word is hdmi gets dodgy with cable runs over 10m.