1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ghostdog, May 28, 2005.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    To all Denon 2900 owners.

I have had my player running flawlessly for nearly 2 years now. I have just noticed an issue that you guys can help me with.

2900 is connected to my Tosh 36ZD26p CRT TV via Supra component. TV is NTSC progressive compliant and in Progress mode at all times.

DVD is set to Multi and Progressive when watching dvd's and works a treat. However I have a Region 2 Pal version of Van Helsing and have to change it to interlaced for it to display on tv. When the player is in interlaced mode I get blurring of moving images, so I tried a few more disks and they're all the same. Switch it back to progressive and it's fine again. Looks all pychedelic as if on drugs (screen images blurring)

Weird eh? To be honest I haven't watched in interlaced for ages as most of my dvd collection is NTSC so any ideas?

I did receive a new firmware update from Creative Audio about a year ago which I think was to fix the 'Alien' menu branching issue.

Should I go back to the original firmware or is there a quick fix for this?

Ghostdog