1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900 / Pioneer 506XDE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Chris Blackwell, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Chris Blackwell

Chris Blackwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am picking up some leads tomorrow to hook up my Denon 2900 DVD player to my new Pioneer 506XDE Plasma using RGB. I just wondered if any of you had ideas as to the best configuration for both the DVD and the Plasma.

Many thanks!

2. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I'm not familiar with your plasma but the best picture you can get out of the Denon 2900 is using the prog. scan output via the component out sockets.

If there's no spare component inpus on your plasma then I guess RGB scart would be the next best thing but it won't look as good.

Hope this is of some help!

3. Chris Blackwell

Chris Blackwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plugged it up and spent a while switching between Component and Video output - I must say that I can't really see much difference. Does the 2900 output progressive scan via the component outputs automatically or is there something I have missed?

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I can't remember but I think you have to change something in the onscreen menu. It will be pretty straightforward though.