Denon 2900 or 3910?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Philly112, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    I'm hopefully about to take the plunge and buy a new DVD player. Main reason is to incorporate DVD Audio and SACD, but I haven't a clue what to buy!! I've tested a 2900 before now, but baulked at the price. It's now available multiregion for £499, or should I go mad and buy a 3910?? Any comments pro and against would be welcome - I know the Denons get a lot of stick here; maybe I should buy a Pioneer. It was the price of the 2900 that most appealed to me, but everywhere I search here I see major problems with the machine (although the one I borrowed worked perfectly).
    The Parasound processor I have can't handle Denon link, I link etc, so this would not be a benefit. I would like this purchase to last until HD DVD/ Blu Ray comes in, so I don't mind paying extra but want to know I will be getting 'real' benefits.
    Thanks
    Phil

2. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    If you get a working 2900 then it's a great machine, especially at the current price. If you do buy one then have a look at the problems people have had on here and test your machine immediately and demand a replacement right from the start if you find a problem! Alternatively if you want to save some cash you could go to ebay and buy mine as I've just upgraded to an Arcam!

3. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Superfi are doing the 2900 for £399 from saturday, check ouyt decembers what Hi-fi for details.

I bought a 2900 last week but took it back today as it was faulty :(

4. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    Yes, think it was Superfi where I saw it for £499!! At £399 it sounds too good to miss, but not if all the units are duds