1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON 2900 & NAD T752 PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SteveB1, Sep 20, 2004.

1. SteveB1

SteveB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help !

I have just connected a new Denon 2900 to my NAD T752 (via optical digital sound and component video). The front and centre speakers are driven through a NAD multi-channel power amp using the T752 pre-outs, the sub is connected using the T752 sub pre-out and the surrounds are driven through the T752. My speaker set up is: B&W 603 S3 fronts, B&W LCR600 S3 centre, Advent Legacy surrounds and an M&K V75 sub. All speakers are set to Large on the T752. (Also have a Strong SD box going to the T752 using component via Scart and Hantrex RGB to Component Box and a WS LG 76 cm TV)

The video side of things is good - great picture quality.

There are, however, some funnies with the sound side of things from the Denon 2900.

1. DVD DD 5.1 is fine – all speakers driven including the sub
    2. DVD DTS 5.1 does not drive the sub
    3. CD – input to the T752 is shown as stereo but does not drive the sub – but when playing CDs on my Yamaha CDC565 CD player, with an analogue link to the T752, the sub is driven.

2 & 3 can only be rectified if all speakers are set to small on the T752.

I’m reasonably happy with the CD output without the sub but can’t understand why the T752 cuts it out if the Yamaha doesn’t.

It also does not seem right that DVD DTS does not automatically pick up the sub with all speakers set to large on the T752 – it did with my previous “el cheapo” AWA DVD player.

Can anyone help ????

Steve B

2. SteveB1

SteveB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on you lot ! Surely there is someone out there who has hit this problem ????

Steve B