1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900 Multiregion - tell me I'm not mad!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clived, Aug 8, 2003.

1. clived

clived

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Could you just clarify something for me:

To make the 2900 multiregion, all you have to do is upgrade the firmware? Something I've done many times on my Arcam DV88, so I'd say it falls into the "not hard to do" category, even if you add the key press hack to re-activate Pal Prog.

Why am I asking? Because Sevenoaks appear to want £50 extra for a multiregion 2900, and I want to make sure I've got all the facts before I go talk to them tomorrow...!

TIA, Clive

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    They are taking the mick BIG TIME. It is a 15 second firmware update. You put the disc in, it says flashing firmware, then finished, you take disc out. You then have to hold down a few buttons to re-enable PAL progressive - all in all 60 seconds max. If you bought that player from them, kick up a right ****ing stink, that is just not on! And if you haven't bought it yet, tell em where to stick it and get it elsewhere - you can get it as cheap as £680 online and if you look here you'll find instructions on downloading and burning the firmware and re-enabling PAL prog scan.

3. clived

clived

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not bought it yet guys, so thanks.

I've bought a fair bit of stuff from them, so I'm going to give them the chance to do me a good deal... see what happens!

Cheers, Clive