1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900 MultiRegion - firmware fixed yet?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lensman, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Lensman

Lensman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DVD player looks to be failing on me - which means I've an excellent excuse to buy a new one..

The Denon 2900 seems to get excellent reviews, although looking through the forum it seems as though the MultiRegion patch causes a whole bunch of problems - from disks not being recognized to the dreaded chroma-key bug.

So... can anyone tell me if there's a firmware out there now that makes the 2900 MultiRegion without breaking things in the process?

Thanks!
    Matt

2. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have had a 2900 for a couple of months multiregioned by Audio T and it has no chroma bug and no problems yet with any disk I have played on it.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    For multiregion reliability I would seriously consider one of the Arcam players it's just a remote hack with no problems. If you want mulitchannel audio then go for the DV89 which supports DVD-A.

4. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    And if he also wants SACD?

Matt.