1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900 image cropping problem - solved?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Captain chaos, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my heart set on either a Denon 2900 or an Arcam 88+, I honestly cannot decide between them.

However I did read something that concerned me about the Denon, the 'Secrets of Home Cinema' site stated that "Our initial unit had several lines cropped from the bottom of the image, but Denon sent a firmware fix that addressed it. Any Denon dealer should be able to provide the fix" - does anyone have any details on this issue, is it just a US problem being as they reviewed the US model?

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've not noticed any image cropping problems on my one. The PAL progressive picture is scaled slightly smaller than the NTSC one on my pj, so I either have to watch it like that or (horror of horrors!!) actually get up and spend 10 seconds adjusting the zoom on the pj. I don't know if this is a 'problem' with the Denon, or if it simply down to the way PAL progressive works as compared to NTSC progressive, as I have never had or tested a player capable of both.