1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900 Help Please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Niraj, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Have just got the Denon 2900 Multi region from Creative Audio, and after setting it up, have realised that all is not well :(:(

I think that I am making some kind of fundamental mistake in the setup, but am unable to identify what it is.

The problem is this:

The centre speaker doesn't seem to output anything ata all when I am watching a DVD. Whether it is DTS or DD doesn't make a difference.

My connections are as follows:

Coaxial digital out from 2900 to Yamaha DSP A1
    Also have another set of high quality phono leads from FL and FR to the audio inputs of the A1(This is for the audio of the CD etc)

All the cables are of high quality and all were working fine with the Sony 7700 which was my previous player.

Please advise on what I need to do to get it working right.

Niraj

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    Strange one :confused:

Ok the obvious first, You have set the player to bitstream digital output ?

And the amp is deffinately switched to DD or DTS ?

Sorry don`t mean to offend just covering the basics first :)

Are you getting surround channel output or just front left and right ?

3. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I know this would mean more cables.....but try connecting via the 6 audio out connections.....
    Set the speaker config and levels.
    Then the player is doing the prossesing and the amp is just doing the amplifing.
    If it dont work then, then there is a bad connection on the Amp...if it does work, i would say there is a prob with the player.

4. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Carlos,

No offence taken mate :) The player is on digital output and the amp auto selects DD or DTS depending on the signal coming thru. Also, all other speakers work, just the centre is "dead"

Chris,

The amp was fine till I changed to the Denon. The display on the Denon shows that it is outputting all 6 channels of DTS or DD5.1

I'm quite sure its nothing to do with the Amp or the cables being used, but I feel that I am not doing soemthing right on the Denon.

From all your responses, I fear the worst :(:(

Niraj

5. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The player may show this, but if you were to connect the 6 outputs from the player to the 6 inputs on your amp, then i am sure this would show weather you have a player or amp prob......or evern if you just unplug the 2 channel lead you have and just try the centre output of the player to the centre input of the amp....i'm sure this would tell you a lot.

6. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,

I salute thee!!!!!

Not sure if i should be admitting to this in an open forum of my peers, but on detailed inspection of the situation, after having reconnected my Sony 7700 and found the same problem, I discovered that one of the two cables for the centre speaker had come loose from the back of the amp :blush: :blush: :blush:

Needless to say, all is now well on the western front and I am a happy bunny!!!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help out.

Merry Xmas

Niraj