DENON 2900 DVD Player , Whats your views ?

Trevor spencer

Established Member
Reaction score
ive recently bought one of these but still havnt had a chance to use it yet , just wondering what people think of this player ?

ta
Trev

BLOODY BRILLIANT..... :thumbsup:

Enuf said. :clap:

Nice, well built player. (As are most Denons). Very capable on the picture quality front and many would say better at CD reproduction than later generation Denons. Things to look out for: Sound drop outs over SPDIF.

Absolutely superb. Best DVD player I have had by a long way

One of the best balanced Denon players, still good now.

Still loving mine at the moment. Not prepared to change it until Hi Def DVD arrives. I have tried a budget HDMI player (Samsung 950) to see how the upscaled image compared and I couldn't see much difference to be honest. Prefering to stick with my 2900 for definite!

HDMI isn't about quality, always remember that :) The 950 is not good in comparison. As Gandley say, SDI is possible and would be better than HDMI if my SDI HDMI player is typical.

What sort of connection does SDI use?

Nic Rhodes said:
HDMI isn't about quality, always remember that :) The 950 is not good in comparison. As Gandley say, SDI is possible and would be better than HDMI if my SDI HDMI player is typical.

I would love to get SDI, but it's very expensive AFAIK. Apart from the mod, I believe you have to get a scaler, which really bumps up the cost; about a grand
I think.

Just like to say I love my 2900 but it does make poor DVDs look really poor and the good ones great.

Well i had a chance to mess about with it last night , but already its sound dropped twice , which is annoying

Also after an explosive scene on aliens , the DVD player started making a buzzing whiring noice , so i had to turn it on and off again to sort it :(

hopefully these are teething problems , cause apart from that i love it

I liked my 2900 when it worked.

I think it is slightly over-rated though. PQ is great, but not really great. CD playback was pretty dull & lifeless imho.

It is a good sacd player though.

DT

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom