1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 2900 dark picture

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by brendan, Dec 2, 2003.

1. brendan

brendan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having problems getting a good picture from the Denon as the picture seems dark even during bright scenes in movies.I tried adjusting the players colour /contrast and gamma settings but this made no difference.The player is connected to my tv by a scart cable with R.G.B enabled.Can any picture settings be changed by using a s/video connection or I stuck with this problem?

Brendan

2. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    brendan,

it seems that the 2900 and the 2200 (I've got one to confirm) when using the scart connector (rgb or s-video) don't care about the changes you make to the image settings. If you use the s-video or the composite connectors (don't know about the component as I've no way to test it) the image settings can be adjusted according to the changes you make. I don't know if this has been corrected in new versions of these players or if there is a firmeware fix to be applied (but I'd to know...). I've read once a review on the 2900 stating this also.

Cheers,
    T.

3. roym

roym
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    have you tried changing the light/dark adjustment in the set up menu?

4. FroBo

FroBo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon DVD-2900 and as far as I know you can't adjust the picture settings when using RGB. I think very few players can.

With my first player, I had the exact same problem as you. When using RGB, the picture was way too dark in dark scenes. I took it back to the shop and compared it with another one(2900). Night and day difference! So mine was faulty. I got a new one, and it has worked perfectly ever since.
    By the way, s-video worked OK on my faulty player, so only RGB was faulty.

Cheers
    Frode

5. brendan

brendan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a cheap s/video cable to see if it makes any difference to the picture.I tried adjusting the light/dark adjustment but that seemed to make no difference to the picture.I live outside the U.K so sending the player back(I bought it on the web) would be a real pain.I hope that I dont have any more serious problems with it.

Brendan