1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2900 CD playback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kumamoto, Jul 6, 2004.

1. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have had the denon dvd player for the last 10 months and i think it is a brillaint dvd player and also quite good with CD as well.

However as i also own a marantz Receiver (9200) which is seriously musical, i want to buy a dedicated CD players as i am quite interested in music too.

I have been offered Marantz cd 600 ose at a very good price (£120) and i was wondering whether anyone has expereince with this cd players and whether it outperform the denon on CD playback.

Or should i go for something more high end ?? I have a budget of about £600.

Any advice will be appreciated

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Spend the £600 budget on a good cd player www.moorgate.demon.co.uk are always doing good deals on exdemo cyrus kit theres a cd6 in for £436 cd8 £699 this will transform your cd replay compared with the denon,I used to have a denon 2200 and that sounded crap with cds.I now have a roksan caspian m series-1 with my harman kardon avr 8500 cds now sound excellent you will really notice a big change for the better.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)
    Ps click on special offers.

3. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks a bunch gonzo, i even spotted a pair of speakers i have been hunting for Kef q75 at the website you suggested. Cheers

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    While I would agree with Gonzo 100%, you must also consider what kind of sound you like; although a Cyrus 6 cd player would improve your CD listening in ultimate terms, you may not like the dry Cyrus inhouse sound. Gonzo's Roksan CD player is quite close to the kind of sound his Harman produces, and so the synergy between them is good. If it were me, and I liked the 9200 sound, I would go for a CD player with more warmth than the Cyrus players, good though they are. Something like an Arcam Diva or Musical fidelity or the new Inca Katana player would be ideal. Obviously, you may expect Marantz to make an ideal partner, but the Marantz SA8400 (£700) I listened to was pretty poor. I haven't listened to other Marantz players, so maybe they are better?

Russell.