• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 2808 or 2809?

Diinky

Hi all

Looking for a little help on this.

Not sure which one of these 2 amps to buy.

Denon 2808 is £399 at richer sounds at the moment, but with the 2809 due very soon at about £799 its decision time.

Is the 2808 as good as the 2809 with regards to sound quality? (hd audio and stereo sound for music)

I know that the 2808 only has 2 hdmi in, but that might be ok at the moment.

Is the 2809 worth twice the money?

cheeRS

Diinky

rwniel

Can I throw another option into the mix? The Yamaha RXV-3800 which is currently £749. Otherwise my personal feeling is that at £399, the 2808 is great value of money given its current price and therefore what you would otherwise be comparing it with at a similar price level (and providing the two hdmi inputs isn't too much of an issue). I haven't auditioned the 2809 as it's pretty new, but I wouldn't be too surprised if any performance improvements are more evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Robert

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom