denon 2807 no audio (hdmi) need help!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by leafar2jr, Apr 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. leafar2jr

leafar2jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello

rookie here, cant get any audio when i play my ps3 through the denon ,no subwoofer signal either but if i play my cd there is audio but stil no subwoofer signal. setup is hdmi connector from ps3 to reciever, hdmi connector from reciever to projector video comes out with no audio. setup sound setting on the ps3 hdmi (pcm) still nothing can someone please help!!!

2. kingfats

kingfats
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,002
    Hi
    Have the Ps3 connected via HDMI to the Denon 2807 myself.Firstly,sorry to state the obvious but have you done the Denons auto set-up that will show you all your speakers including your sub is connected and working properly.
    Have you checked you have the HDMI in assign setting (video set up) to make sure everything is set correct to your imputs.Also check your Ps3 with an optical/coaxial cable just to make sure your Ps3 is not at fault before turning to your set up.

3. Paul_Maddocks

Paul_Maddocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

Have you connected an optical cable? As I am fairly sure the 2807 does not do 5.1 etc over the HDMI interface. It will only take stereo sound (based on t
    he fact that its HDMI 1.2)

I would check the following

In video assignments, make sure HDMI is assigned to the right input (for example VDP - but it really does not matter what you use!)

If you use an optical cable / coax digital as well from the PS3, connect that to a spare optical / coax socket (for example optical 1) and then in audio assignments, set VDP (or whatever you have used) to optical 1.

When the PS3 is connected. The front panel on the denon should show you are receiveing a 5.1 signal (in a game or DVD) - confirm this by checking the left hand side of the display. Small squares for each of the 5.1 speakers should be showing!

I can't remember off hand the audio settings for the HDMI input, I would set it to AMP if you don't have a digital cable, or OFF if you do (I think these are valid options, as I say, can't remember off hand!)

If in doubt, check out the manual too as its fairly comprehensive

4. kingfats

kingfats
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,002
    The Denon 2807 will accept 5.1 and even 7.1 LPCM over HDMI and also it is
    HDMI 1.1 not 1.2.Cheers.

5. Paul_Maddocks

Paul_Maddocks