1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 2805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dboo, Oct 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dboo

dboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good day to everyone. I am looking to buy the Denon Receiver and require a speaker package for around £500. I have no preference in terms of what I want nor do I know much about speakers. The speakers will be used in my lounge which is about 23 x 12. The receiver will be connected to a Panasonic HS2, Sky and Sat and a 36in TV. Use of the receiver will be 40:60 movies and music. When I play music, I do like to rank it up a bit and listen mainly to rap, hiphop and r&b.
    Any advice will be welcome. I also thinking of buying a dedicated CD/MP3 player instead of buying another DVD player which also plays CDs although I was quite taken by the Pioneer 575 due to its price and options.

2. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've got my Denon 2805 plugged into some Monitor Audio Bronze series (B4 floorstanders for music) And the base is absolutely intense. I also listen to mainly rap and hip hop, and the quality is absolutely amazing. As the B4s are also quite base heavy.

You can get them for about £300 new, and then the B1s for the rears (about £100) And then the B centre for around a hundred too.

3. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    MA Bronze are great but for a Denon amp try the AE Evo range...