1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2805 - Using the component upsampling...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by andy c!, Jan 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. andy c!

andy c!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am in the market for a new reciever to replaced my aging Yamaha DSPE492, which has given me loyal service for several years now. Its piggy-backed into my Naim 2 channel system using the pre-outs for front left/right etc.

I have just purchased, and am waiting delivery of, the Philips 32PF9986. On the spec for the 2805 it says you can put 3 x component input into it etc, and also has composite/svideo inputs too, which it will upsample to component.

Have any of you tried/used this feature?
    Is it comparable with the other option of going direct from say the dvd player direct to the LCD tv?
    Also, in general how have folk found this reciever?

I also have sky+ to feed into the Philips...

any pointers or experiences appreciated.

regards,

andy c!

2. ScottG

ScottG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 3805 and use the video upsampling for my DVD Recorder and X-Box, both of which produce a perfectly adequate picture. It isnt as good as the picture created either directly from say a DVD Players component out or that of an RGB / Component convertor from JS Tech. But it is perfectly adequate, hope you understand my waffling! lol