1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2805 Setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by alexcord, Sep 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. alexcord

alexcord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, please ignore my ignorance but I only got my amp yesterday and am at work at the mo. I ran the autosetup which ran one set of test tones.

Are there any other automatic tests to perform and do you require the OSD to perform other setup functions?

Many thanks

Alex

2. AgeOwns

AgeOwns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Using the mic to setp up the distances of the speakers is the only automatic setup.

The OSD is useful for the initial setup. I take it you have set the speakers to large/small and set the subwoofer cross over frequency to something suitable for your speakers.

Don't need the OSD unless you are playing with the setup. Though it is alot easier than using the LED panel on the amp.

I don't keep the OSD plugged in coz the only s-video socket on my TV is on the front and it looks ugly.

Andy

3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I found it set the volumes perfectly for all my speakers EXCEPT for the sub which was way too low so i adjusted that manually.

I used the LCD screen for all setup as I coulnd't be bothered to prod around behind the tv with a lead to set it up.

4. alexcord

alexcord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. It was just whether there were any more options on the OSD than the LCD. Figured there wasnt but does not hurt to ask.

I have indeed set the speakers to large/small etc. I take it that B&W 705's (bookshelf) would still be classed as large? I know they are not floor standers but they are hardly satellites either!

Could you also confirm that the auto set up fires one tone off from each speaker and does not go through any more tests?

Cheers guys

Alex

5. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Confirmed :smashin: