1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2805 or 3805?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sean in singers, Sep 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. sean in singers

sean in singers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just purchased a Pioneer 434, now need to buy my components. I am living in Singapore at the moment, so things are pretty cheap (3805 is $1K, about 340 pounds). So budget isn't too much of a consideration, although I don't really know too much about setting up a system.

I plan on buying either the Pioneer 868 or Denon 3910 DVD (both are priced at $1500, or 500 pounds). It will be about 50/50 for music and DVD's. I plan on matching with AE Evo 3'b speakers.

Question: I've got the cash for the 3805, but will I really notice the difference over a 2805 (and save myself a few bucks?) Any other options I should consider?

Cheers Sean

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    How much is the AX5i over there? It would be a great match to the 868.

3. sean in singers

sean in singers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They want $1800 for the AX5i; about 600 pounds. I looked at the specs, and I like the fact it has USB input for PC's; I plan on also building a media server, so probably a good plus.

Cheers Sean

4. h22x

h22x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sean,

I'm from Singapore too, and was just wondering where I can get the 3805 for $1000? Thank you.

Joey