Denon 2803 Question

B

bobbles

ok this may be daft but

if I input a device via s-video to the Denon can it output the signal via the component output to a display?

I don't think so.......I think that you will need the 3803 for that.

Just thought I'd check the manual to confirm;

'This unit's S-jacks (input and output) and video pin jacks (input and output) have independent circuit structures, so that video signals input from the S-jacks are only output from the S-jack outputs and video signals input from the pin jacks are only output from the pin jack outputs.'

That'll definately be a 'no' then!

would the 3805 convert the svhs signal to component internally ?

if so does that make it worth the extra money?

Yes the 3805 does do this, but as far as it being worth the extra money, I guess that's up to you really. If you want the upconversion but don't want to pay that much, you could always pick up a 3803 as that does the conversion also.

I was considering upgrading my 3802, but have decided to wait a while and put the money towards a new DVD player and a PJ instead.

Ian

I couldn't find the 3803 anywhere only the 3805

any idea where I could get one from and ball park cost?

would the internally converted svhs signals to component produce a significantly better image than just a direct svhs output?

edit

ignore that I have found it for 640 so it is 200 more

Originally posted by bobbles

would the internally converted svhs signals to component produce a significantly better image than just a direct svhs output?

There are no improvements when upconverting, its just down to convienience of only having one output to your display..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom