1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2802 set up problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by FLT, Sep 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. FLT

FLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after finaly sorting the speaker problem out (I won't go into detail,it will take too long) I now have the task of connecting everything up .
    My TV is a Sony KV-32LS36B and has two scart sockets. one socket is used by the cable box and the other is used by the DVD player, ok so far? I will continue. The DVD player is a Sony DVP-NS705V and is connected to the denon with a digi coax cable. I have set up the DVD audio as per instuctions for the amp,and all five speakers are connected correctly two front,two rear surround and the center, still with me? .
    Now heres where everything seems to have gone wrong, when I returned to the Denon instuction manual the next job is to set up the system but guess what , yes, nothing
    It my sound daft to ask this, but am I missing a cable????
    I phoned Empire Direct where I got the Denon from and the guy I spoke to went off on one (every thing he told me went straight over my head) but I do recal him saying something about a MONITOR LEAD,? but where do I plug it in on the TV?
    CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP please.........
    Regards FLT

2. brock_landers

brock_landers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya:hiya:

Having spoken to you on Saturday regarding cables needed for your setup, I am as disappointed as you that you have still not setup your system satisfactorily.

The digital coax lead you have purchased from Empire is all well and good for Dolby Digital/DTS soundtracks, but you also need to consider that to make full use of your system you also need to purchase 3 X phono to phono interconnects if you intend to use the SACD capabilities of your player.

You DO NOT need to use a "monitor" lead to setup the amp if you you do not wish to, all menu functions are clearly visible on the amps front display panel.

If you do wish to go this route the amp should have a "monitor out" on the rear panel, this will be either a round yellow phono socket otherwise known as composite video out or a round black socket with 5 holes in it known as svideo. These should be connected by the relevant lead to the front panel of your sony TV where you will have the corresponding inputs.

All you have to do then is select the relevant av channel on the tv and press the setup button on the amp and on screen graphics will guide you through the setup very easily.

Oh and next time you need advice on interconnects please bring more than £17.62 with you..............;)

Cheers, Brock.

(EDITED: To hide my drunkeness...)

3. FLT

FLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brock, you quote "You DO NOT need to use a "monitor" lead to setup the amp if you you do not wish to, all menu functions are clearly visible on the amps front display panel"
    This is not happening in my case, I had another go this morning and no joy, and I am following the instructions to the letter

4. bigdunc

bigdunc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You will need a s-video lead.Connect to monitor tv on your amp.

This is the only way you will be able to set up your system.

You'll also need stereo interconnects for your sound. Hope this helps.

5. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    You can use an s-video or a composite connection to run the Denon's menus through the TV. However it does not output both simultaneously, if you have something plugged into the S-video monitor out, nothing will come out of the composite monitor out. You have to use a TV to see the menus, the info on the actual unit is fairly useless if it's anything like my 3802.

You'll also have to set up the Denon to know which digital input to look at for each analogue input too (EG CD could be digital in 2, and TV could be digital in 3) So i guess in your case, you'd set up DVD to look at coaxial 1.

Sean. :)

6. FLT

FLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys:smashin: