1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2802 or Marantz SR7200??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by djinn, Jan 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, buying an amp this weekend finally,

What are your views on Marantz SR7200 vs Denon 2802 for music and home cinema??

2. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    certainly in spec, there is not much between the Denon & the Marantz. both have dpl II, dd ex/ dts es/ 6.1, 7.1 via a separate amp, component video & some kind of learning remotes.

both the current denon & marantz ranges seem to buy beating everyone else in magazine reviews... so both should be excellent.

the marantz 7200 (& 6200 also) are quoted as 105w per channel against 90w for the denon 2802, though in real life, these could be rigged figures (2ohms?, 2 channels maybe?)... the amps max power may be much closer based on the actual ability to drive all the speakers.

djinn, if you are still going for the Mission FS2-AV set with your choice of amp, you really need to try both of them first, preferably with your speakers or something equally hard to drive.
    tk2001 was possibly having problems driving his FS2s with a marantz 5200... similar could happen with the models just above... look back 3-4 days for his thread in the speaker forum.

very happy with my Denon 2802 both for music & cinema.
    silly thing to say, but I just dont like the retro 70s looks of the Marantz... the Denons look very smart in comparision.

3. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Finally listened and decided thought you may like you know my choice after all your help - A Denon 3802!!!!!

Cannot wait for it arrive now!!

4. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    LOL

Seems to be a common result.

Choice between A or B.....

Spend and extra £100 and get option C

Exactly what I did (3802 owner too).