1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2802 - newbie question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by yimpster, Jul 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Here's the deal! I have recently been running in a my first new AV system. On the advice from these forums I have the following setup. A Denon 2802 AV amp, the Mission FSAV2 NXT speakers and a Panny 36PL?.

And I am very happy with it.

Basically I was wondering if I would get better channel definition plugging each individual speaker directly into the Output of the amp. Or should i plug the speakers into the sub and use the umbilical cord that feeds from the sub to the amp?

I'm using the umbilical cord at the moment.

Any views greatly received, as if it's not worth it, it would save me a great deal of hassle messing around with the cabling (which i reckon is the hardest bit!). If you guys reckon it's worth then that's good enough for me.

Cheers again....you fine human beans...

Yimpster

2. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I haven't got the FS2s, but I did look in to them when I got my speakers. There are some guys on hte speakers board who know them inside out, maybe try there if you need more info.

You need to use the umbilical as there is crossover circuitry in the sub that will filter out anything under 235Hz and direct it to the sub. This is because the NXT cannot do anything less than this. If you wired your satellites into the amp directly, even if you set the amp crossover to 120Hz (the highest it will go) you would not hear anything between 120 and 235 Hz.

In short - don't do it.

Have fun
    Andy

(PS - Ihave a 2802 and a Panny 36PL30 as well and am also very happy with them)