1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2802 connection question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chic, Jul 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i have just purchased the denon 2802 to take advantage of the component switching & svideo switching.

currently i have a pansonic ptae which is my video source

a tosh 510 dvd player, game cube, ps2, lg svhs video recorder

my plan is to connect the dvd player & game cube into the component in on the amp and take the component out on the amp to the projector, i would use the coax in for the sound for the dvd & two phono ins for the audio for the game cube

i would the connect the ps2 & video to the svideo in & take an svideo feed to the projector from the amp, i would connect a optical in for the ps2 & use 2 phono ins for sound from the video

would this work & my main question is that if i was watching a dvd & select dvd on the amp would the amp pick both the correct picture & audio sorce for the dvd & if i select say video would it select the picture & sound for the video & so on for all my sources

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi

It should work as you say. You can select which video/audio source you want.

Just bear in mind that the Onscreen menus are not displayed via the Component Video Outputs only the S-Video and Composite Monitor outputs.

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    cheers m8 what optons are on the osd so i could just run a phono leed from the amp to my portable fro setting up the options

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    All the setup menus, surround parameters etc. Though you can access most stuff via the front panel of the amp if need be. Normally setting the Video to Source should do the trick or you´ll have to manually select Video Source dvd, video etc etc