1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON 2802 and Audiolab

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by LeonidS, Feb 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

could you help please. I have read some information in this forum but I still confused.

I have Denon 2802 and I want to use my Audiolab to drive front speakers to get better performance in music mode so I have several questions.

1. I have connected preouts for front speakers to power amp jacks on AudioLab but didn't get the sound ( I connected front speakers to Audiolab ). What I am doing wrong?

2. Do you think the sound will be too different for center and front speakers becuase they will be driven by different amplifiers.

3. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Leonid.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Leonid,

I use a similar arrangement....you are just getting a few connections mixed up i think.

You are correct in using the front speaker preouts on the 2802. However, if i am thinking correctly, the power amp connection on amps is an output, as opposed to an input which you are attempting (though if you have one of those weird and wonderful 8000s audiolabs anything is possible!). Anyhow. How i have mine connected is the preouts connected into my stereo amp auxillliary sockets. I presume you know where to go from there??

I know it is possible to connect into tape loops and such, but i have never seen need for this nor been able to hear a difference. Maybe someone who knows more might help on that one.

The sound from the different amplifiers will be different.....however, in my case my stereo amp knocks the surround into the ground. And to be frank....I dont think at this performance level of surround that the difference will be terrible noticeable. The audiolabs are very nice and im sure the sound you get with it integrated will be far superior to the 2802 on its own. Well thats my opinion.

cant think of any good suggestions other than that!

hope that helps

ad

3. greeny

greeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Follow Buns advice.

You need to connect to an Input on the back out the Audiolab (I don't know this amp).

Don't worry about point 2, speakers make a much bigger differance to tonal balance than amps.

Once you are connected up you can completly avoid the 2802 for music listening, connect your CD player (or whatever) dirrectly to the Audiolab.