1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2801 connections?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mustang, Mar 25, 2001.

Tags:
  1. mustang

mustang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received the 2801 and would like to know how to see the on-screen display so I can setup the receiver, the manual isn't great. At the moment I have the DVD connected by scart to TV and coaxial to the Denon, my VCR & SAT are connected by scart and then to the TV by scart. Ideally I would like to keep this setup as I've heard its the best for picture & sound, I just need to use the setup screen once for the speakers so which lead do I need and where would it go to the Denon?.
    Cheers!!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    You must have the Monitor output from the Denon connected to your TV. Use either S-Video or Composite. When there is a video input signal present in the Amp, the Denon outputs it's on-screen display to only ONE of these outputs - if you have S-Video connected, it will be there, but NOT on composite. If you don't have S-Video connected, the OSD is on composite.

Once set up, you can revert your wiring to whatever you prefer. However, I would recommend that you wire up like this:

All DVD outputs to relevant inputs on the amp.

All VCR outputs to revelant inputs on the amp.

All VCR inputs from relevant outputs on the amp

All Digibox outputs to relevant inputs on the amp.

Monitor outputs on the amp to the TV's inputs.

etc....