1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 2801 connection to sky digibox?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mark P, Apr 18, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok this will be probably be pretty straight foward to most of the home cinema crew out there? i have a Denon 2801 reciever and would like to know the best or correct way to connect it up to my GRUNDIG GDSW200 Digibox. both of my scarts are taken up and the only connections which seem to be available are 'left/right' phonos.If i presume these are to be used,which sockets are they to be connected to in the Denon reciever? The reciever has more connections on the back than i've had hot dinners.I'm asking here for any info because how ever good the denon is in build and sound capabilities, the manual that came with it is absolutely USELESS????????...........................................any ideas anyone? i look foward to watching the football and movies out of my Mission fs speakers soon. :confused:
    thanks, mark p.

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,411
    Hi Mark

You can connect your Sky box to any input on the back of your Denon except the one marked Phono which is for a turntable only.

Then just switch your amp to that input and remember to also switch the amp to Dolby surround !

Hope this helps.

Cheers Carlos

3. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    And use fairly good interconnects - I tried cheap ones to connect sky to my Rotel processor and they 'leaked' sound through to all of the other inputs

4. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers lads, got a quality cable today and it sounds superb.
    thanx for the advice