Denon 2800MKII Probs - Update

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rscott4563, Oct 24, 2003.

1. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well after many a problem with my Denon 2800MKII and if you do a search you'll find plenty from myself and others, I have some news :D

I was still having the usual problems associated with the 2800MKII with multi region and pal prog up to about 5 weeks ago when I decided I couldn't put up with it any more, the picture break up along the bottom third of the screen and the front display was breaking up on occasion, I took it back to my original dealer SS&V who have already replaced it once already, they agreed it was not right and at first tried re modding it using the latest firmware cd they had received from Hayden Labs but with no success :(

It was then sent off to Denon, two weeks went by and it returned aparently fixed, now I was obviously very dubious about it working properly. I tested it with a number of the DVD's that were previously very problematic and to my suprise no problems, I've now had a bit of time to test and test again and it seems that all the previous problems have gone!! :eek:

Gone is the picture break up problems on discs such as Saving Private Ryan and Vertical Limit Superbit, gone is the dodgy front display (it would break up and not change the time played properly), no evidence of lipsynch problems and the last thing is the fact that if the AV1 video setting was on RGB and the Pal Progressive Component output was used then the picture would break up, now however if the Component output is used and the AV1 video setting is put on RGB then the Component output automatically outputs a Progressive image even though the setting is on interlaced and the blue light isn't lit on the front panel?! Strange, but a definite plus, especially if the AV1 Scart and Component connections are used at different times.

The only problem I now have (if you can call it a problem) is that the old method of displaying the firmware version

1) Press "PLAY" and "OPEN/CLOSE" while while pressing the power button on (on the machine, not the remote)
    2) Press "MENU" on remote
    3) Player display will show microprocessor version (DVR *-**)
    4) Press "MENU" again
    5) Player display will show software (ESS****) version
    6) Power off and then on before you use the machine again

doesn't work anymore so unless someone has an alternative way of getting it, I can't tell you what version I have? :confused:

Anyway I'm a happy guy now that I have a fully working Pal Prog 2800MKII :D :smashin: :D

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want a PAL Progressive fix too :D

Who knows - maybe they listened to my email?

3. tahirti3

tahirti3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is your player still multi-region?who did you speak to at hayden labs?my player needs help or putting down

4. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't speak to anyone at Denon personally, it was all handled by SS&V and when they got it back from Denon they said that they didn't even know what had been wrong or what had been done to fix it?? To be honest my rating of the service at SS&V in general has gone down quite a bit since I first bought all my kit, as it seems they lose interest once your out of cash! :(

I can only assume the fix has been a firmware one but I suppose they could have replaced a dodgy component.

I haven't checked any R1 discs yet but now that you've metioned it I'll try one out, as if it isn't then I'll be requiring 50 notes back from SS&V as the original price was 50 pounds higher for multi region...

5. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Any news on if the player is multiregion?