1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2800MKII Lipsync Issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ROSSCO, Oct 1, 2003.

1. ROSSCO

ROSSCO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the Denon 2800MKII to go with my new projector to give PAL Progressive Scan. Sevenoaks kindly upgraded the player to give the multiregion etc and enable PAL PS.

After several hours of viewing though it is annoying to find that on several occaisions the lipsync is out! :confused:

The picture itself is great, however it feels that I am being let down after spending hard earned cash on a whole new set up.:(

Has anyone else come across similar issues, and managed to have the problem resolved?

Rossco

2. ivodanoesastro

ivodanoesastro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you connect the Denon2800 to an AV-receiver ? If so you will probably have an option in the receiver to set a delay for Audio-Video out of sync. That will at least be a remedy for your problem.
    Good luck.

Ivo Dano

3. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a 2800MKII and a receiver with delay adjust.

Unfortunately this is no help as the lip sync problem isn't constant.

There has recently been a new firmware upgrade for this player, but it apparently still doesn't fix the lipsync. I've had my player for a while, and am completely fed up with this problem, making the player unuseable as far as I'm concerned. If I was in ROSSCO's position I would definately try to take it back to Sevenoaks..........

4. ROSSCO

ROSSCO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Richard, Last week I had the same feelings. I am toying with the Denon 2900 or the Pioneer 757Ai.

It looks like the Denon is going to win! I must say though that Sevenoaks have been excellent in their service and support.

Rossco

5. malimarek

malimarek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, hello. Just for your info, I have fetched original soft from the net (this #4) which is R2 only. It fixed few problems but not proper Progressive locking so the picture on my Fujitsu is still off and lip-sync issue, which is still around, appears to be depending on the weather conditions or bad mood of the player. I am writing because for lip sync I just discovered that if you during running movie hit power off, let player switch off and then you start by pressing play button (all remote buttons – should not matter but with this voodoo player who knows) it somehow fixes the lip sync issue, at least mine one does. Regards. Marek.:smashin: