denon 2800mk2

tahirti3

any news yet,does it exist or not? where is the firmware for pal progressive?is it time for me to get rid of this player?

Oli

I saw one in the shop the other day, had a prog scan sticker on, so im guessing its pal progressive?

tahirti3

mr merrick's mod does not enable pal progressive.anyone out there with a 2800mk2 that is outputting pp?

M

MrC

The files on Mr Merricks site are not mods.
They are from a Denon cd.

allanrose, the firmware on the site is DRV 1-69 ESS 6098. It is multiregion only.

DRV 1-69-0 ESS 9104-3 is PAL progressive according to Richard Harnell.

tahirti3, read your private mesages

E

El Nota

I´ve installed DRV-1-69, ESS 9104-3 from an italic website (http://www.edisport.it/edisport/afdigitale/home.nsf ) and don´t works. Audio and image problems with this firmware.

ESS 6098 firmware works perfectly. I dont´t know if this firmware is from DENON, but i think so, because my player had this version when i buyed in november 2002.

Excuse me, but my english is very bad. I´m writing from Spain and my english is very basic.

El Nota.

M

MrC

Yes the drv 1-69-0 ess9104-3 does have lipsync problems. I have got the same firmware as on the Italian site from another source (Denon cd). Both are exactly the same when compared in a hex editor

After having a look at 2800II firmware files with a hex editor, I am now convinced that there is a hidden menu.
Within the firmware there are many references to extra features, a 'Factory control page', region selection, macrovision & CSS options. DVD-A1 & 3800 firmwares contain similar references.

There is also aparently another new firmware that some dealers have DRV 6200-2 & ESS 9104-3. Someone must have this?

allanrose

Standard Member
Originally posted by MrC
There is also aparently another new firmware that some dealers have DRV 6200-2 & ESS 9104-3. Someone must have this?
bought mine late Dec and have version DRV 6200-2
ESS 9104-3 - Sevenoaks have the disks

robjohn

Standard Member
i have got a new cd (got it from my dealer via denon) drv 3-16-0 ess 9104-3 has sorted out my pal p problem and so far lip sync looks good although I have not had any lip sync probs so far with the previous update that I paid for :-(

vc820

Standard Member
The official Denon PAL progressive firmware has been released.

ESS 9104-4
DRV 6200-2

Hunt about a bit on the web and you should find it. It's not multiregion though but thankfully I've not encountered any problems so far. So I'm very pleased. The previous version 9104-3 was awful. Picture breakup, freezing, sluggish controls e.t.c.