1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2800Mk2 vs 2900

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by higenbs1, Jun 17, 2003.

1. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I understand that the 2800Mk2 suffered from the Chroma Bug. Having read the Denon USA specs for the 2900, it describes the Mitsubishi decoder as "Chroma Bug Free". The AVSforum has been discussing that the fact that there are still Chroma issues with the 2900, with some software such as Monster's Inc. Am I correct in thinking that the Chroma problems with the 2800Mk2 haver been almost completely solved with the 2900, and it's just the odd disc that is still affected. Or are there exactly the same problems with the 2900?

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Higenbs1, it seems to be a small subset of the issues from the 2800MKII. You are correct it only affects a few R1 DVDs when played progressivly.

I read the AVS forums and it seemed that the player met the standard but the standard is open to interpretation by the player and disc manufacturers.

I still want to know if anyone has compared 2900 picture and sound with Pioneer 757Ai and marantz 8300.

Rog

3. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Rog - Cheers for that. You say it only effects some R1 discs. Does that mean that all R2 PAL discs will be displayed correctly, with no bug effect in progressive scan. If so, I needn't worry as my copy of Monster's Inc is R2

4. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Higenbs, That is my understanding. But I dont yet have the 2900 so I cant say 100%.

Waiting for region free firmware and some cash

Rog