1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2800 slightly flickery picture

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Metric, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any ideas? ive been reading about dodgy power supplies for some us machines but not uk. It came with firmware 2028 ive upped it to 2048 and still the same... any ideas? also if i select ntsc/multi i get like wavy jagged edges to menus even on region 1 discs, but if i put to pal they look fine, except the aspect seems a little wrong..

Mike

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Mike,

It sounds to me like its reverting to composite with R1 NTSC. What happens when you switch between composite/svideo etc, does it make any difference?

Jeff

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shamefully its via a scart cable to the tv, ive not tried other cabling, fundimental really, i just blanked, ill check it out and post results cheers jeff

4. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys, switching it to rgb seems to cure the problem.

Mike

5. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem with my very first DVD player the Sony 715 (Ah the days...). The TV I was watching it on was an old 4:3 TV and 24" at that. You could really notice a flicker on screen which I had never seen before. I put it down to the fact that the black borders were so stable and the picture was not. The enhanced resolution seemed to amplify this for my eyes.

Solution. I bought a new widescreen that was 100Hz. No more flicker for me. Good excuse for the wife too. LOL.

Regards

Stewart C

6. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    You will see this problem with s-video too. Something a lttle odd seems to go on with PAL/NTSC conversion. It improved from 2208 to 2248, but you can see a slight flicker at the top of the picture on scene changes in particular.

RGB and component don't have any problems though!

Ian Guinan

7. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, thats what threw me, i set it to video for component out and no flicker, same with pal/ntsc progressive on my sony projector...looks booty