denon 2800 playing cdr with vob files:possible??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by takisot, Jan 24, 2002.

1. takisot

takisot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I noticed that when I insert a cdr in my Denon 2800 containing .vob clips (ripped and burbed in my pc) the dvd recognize the format and plays them but with breaking up in the image and sound.Can anyone suggest a way to be able to playback those vob files ( recorded in cdr) in my denon without any trouble?

2. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best result so far for me has been converting the digital video material to a mpeg2 file with "DVD spec" although setting down the bitrate to 4500 - 5000 kbps and burning it onto cdr (No xsvcd and stuff like that).

It should be able to play vob-files, but I had some problems with sound and jerky picture. I´m in no way familiar with DVD authoring and vob´s so I have settled with my solution and I am very satisfied with the quality

3. takisot

takisot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply! What is dvdspec?A program?Where can I find it?

4. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I mean "DVD specifications" regarding Vertical and Horizontal Lines 720 x 576 and sound 48 khz (16bit) 224kbs

The only thing I do is lower the bitrate to 4500-4800 kbs. With bitrate of 6000 kbs or more the picture sometimes gets a little "jerky".

As source I use an uncompressed AVI file.

5. takisot

takisot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Could you please expain to me in detail the procedure you are following to make this work?I understand that you somehow convert the vob into avi.The thing is ,that if you play vob files in the 2800 (via cdr) it seems to be able to reproduce them (although with break ups as I mentioned earlier).In one case,the vob clip wasreproduced without any problem!!!Any ideas?

6. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK As I said I´m no expert in DVD ripping and vobs and stuff. But format converting can be done in a program called Video Pac 5 from Roxio (The same company that makes Easy CD). I also use my Video editing software, Pinnacle Studio and Adobe Premiere.
    I know there are tons of shareware and freeware but I haven´t tried any of them.

A good place to get info is http://www.vcdhelp.com

7. takisot

takisot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks man!I ll try.

8. Noman

Noman

Products Owned: