Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon 2800 multi region software ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by joseph, Mar 10, 2003.

1. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody now what the multi region software is for the 2800, a friend said he has it on disc and it changes it to multi region. Does it work ,i thought you had to have them chipped to make Denons multi region ? What difference does the software chipping do ?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    A firmware upgrade is all that is required to enable Multi-Region and Pal-Progressive on Denon DVD-2800.
    A dealer will whizz it through or you can download it and make your own disc.

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    joseph,

do a search, this has been asked very recently and download URL's were given for the firmware location...

JJ

4. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but bear in mind this is not the latest software and firmware available - it's quite a bit out of date now

you need to go to your dealer to get the latest and I believe that this is the Dec 2002 update (I'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong)

cheers

AR